Hatha Flow and Beginners Hatha Yoga classes for busy men and women who want to feel physically and mentally well.
My classes are offered in-person and live online. For beginners and for people with experience.
Hi, I’m Rachel Young
Did you find lockdown hard? Struggle with your health and wellbeing? Lose your yoga practice?
Whether you enjoy yoga and can’t wait to get back to group classes again – or you want to learn yoga as a complete beginner – you’re welcome to join my classes.
My intention is to help you recover from the stress of lockdown and feel mentally and physically balanced and well.
Scroll down to discover more about my welcoming and inclusive classes.
In-person classes have Covid-19 guidelines in place. Please read these guidelines at the foot of this page, which includes bringing your own mat to class.
The Barn in Westdene, Brighton:
West Byfleet, Surrey:
Sun 8 Nov 2020
Sun 6 Dec 2020
Hatha Yoga practice
- The Barn on Dene Vale in Westdene, Brighton
- Fullbrook School, West Byfleet in Surrey
- Online classes on the free app Zoom
Discover which class is best for you
For complete beginners and experienced beginners
The beginners class introduces you to the physical postural practice of Hatha yoga with guidance on how to breathe for wellbeing. This is a class for both complete beginners and experienced beginners, or if you’re returning after time out or feel more comfortable in a slow paced class. The class is physical but will be paced slow and the sequencing uncomplicated with plenty of tips and guidance.
For experienced beginners through to intermediate
This dynamic class is a combination of flow and static postures focused on strength, stability, flexibility and mobility, where you synchronise your breath with each movement. These classes tend to attract active people who know several of the postures already, and who like to move their body and enjoy practising with mindful presence and breath awareness. It’s not an advanced class but you will be offered postures which are considered more challenging if you’re feeling ready.
Gentle & Restorative
For when you need rest and deep self-care
In Gentle & Restorative classes you practice Pranayama, Meditation and restful Asana (postures). All postures are seated or laying down (supine) or inverted such as downward dog and supported legs up the wall. This practice is designed to soothe your mind and nervous system to help you relax deeply, mentally and physically. This class is currently available online only because you need use of props such as cushions, blankets and bolsters. When sharing of equipment is safe again, these classes will also be available in-person.
In every class
Every class finishes in several minutes of rest (Savasana) with long Savasana in Gentle & Restorative.
No matter how flexible or strong you are, I’ll make sure there’s options for each level of experience.
Men and women, are welcome, whatever your sexuality, ethnicity or body shape.
Please contact me in advance of class if you have an existing physical or mental health condition, you’re recovering from surgery and illness, or if you’re pregnant.
Check class prices
I’m currently offering classes on a single booking basis, due to not being able to plan ahead, with the uncertainty around Covid-19 restrictions.
After your trial class
Please book your class here
Covid 19 guidelines
Please read the Covid-19 guidelines updated 24 Oct 2020
When you attend my in-person classes. please follow these Covid-19 guidelines:
- If you experience symptoms of Covid-19 in the 14 days before any in-person class you book with me, or you have been in contact with someone who has experienced symptoms in those same 14 days, please cancel your class.
- If you experience symptoms within 14 days of attending my class please inform me immediately by email.
- Please don’t enter the building until every person from the previous class has left the building.
- Please queue outside the front door, with a 1-2m space between you and the person in front and behind you. Please continue to observe this distance at all times inside the building.
- If you’re using the NHS track n trace app, please use the QVR code if displayed.
- Please help yourself to the hand sanitiser gel supplied.
- Please wash your hands after using the bathroom.
- Please store your belongings away from other people’s belongings so they don’t touch.
- Please bring your own yoga mat (and props if you use them). To reduce the risk of Covid-19 infection, no equipment will be provided.
- Please place the top of your yoga mat so it touches the spot marked, which observes 1-2m distance between mats.
- Kitchen will not be in use. Please bring your own water if needed.
- Windows will be open before and during class to ventilate the space if the venue allows. However, as the weather gets colder, this will need to be reviewed. Please bring an extra layer in case you feel chilly, and bring a blanket for Savasana.
Thanks for your understanding.