Online yoga in lockdown to keep you mentally and physically well
Hi, I’m Rachel Young
I offer Hatha Flow, Beginners Hatha and Gentle & Restorative Yoga for men and women.
Classes are online during lockdown. Your first class is £5. Then it’s either pay-as-you-go £9 per class, or buy an Unlimited monthly class subscription for £29. Cancel any time.
How To Book Your Class
Got an Unlimited Class Subscription? In the timetable, click ‘Sign Up’ next to your chosen class and follow the instructions.
Remember to click the button ‘enter code or email‘. In the box enter your code or email. Then click ‘apply’. This tells the booking system you’ve already paid, and I know which class you’re coming to. You’ll then receive a confirmation by email which contains your Zoom details.
Pay As You Go? In the timetable, click ‘Sign Up’ next to your chosen class. Enter your details as they are requested (name etc). Once you’ve paid you’ll receive a confirmation by email which contains your Zoom details.
Important: For online classes, once class starts entry is not possible so please arrive 5 minutes early.
For complete beginners and experienced beginners
The beginners class introduces you to the physical postural practice of Hatha yoga with guidance on how to breathe for wellbeing. This is a class for both complete beginners and experienced beginners, or if you’re returning after time out or feel more comfortable in a slow paced class. The class is physical but will be paced slow and the sequencing uncomplicated with plenty of tips and guidance.
For experienced beginners through to intermediate
I offer two types of Hatha Flow.
Slow, which is ideal for the evening when you want to move your body while soothing your mind and nervous system. Lovely for stretching and a little strengthening, includes more seated postures. Then there’s dynamic which is a stronger class, with a mix of flowing movement and static postures focused on strength, stability, flexibility and mobility.
Each type of flow class you synchronise your breath with movement using Ujjayi breathing. These classes tend to attract active people who like to move their body and enjoy practising with mindful presence and breath awareness. Neither of these flow classes are advanced but I’ll offer more challenging postures if you’re feeling ready.
Gentle & Restorative
For when you need rest and deep self-care
In Gentle & Restorative classes you practice Pranayama, Meditation and restful Asana (postures). All postures are seated or laying down (supine) or inverted such as downward dog and supported legs up the wall. This practice is designed to soothe your mind and nervous system to help you relax deeply, mentally and physically. This class is currently available online only because you need use of props such as cushions, blankets and bolsters. When sharing of equipment is safe again, these classes will also be available in-person.
In every class
Every class finishes with several minutes of rest (Savasana) with a longer Savasana in Gentle & Restorative.
No matter how flexible or strong you are, I’ll make sure there’s options for each level of experience. Men and women, are welcome, whatever your sexuality, ethnicity or body shape.
Please contact me before class if you have an existing physical or mental health condition, or you’re recovering from surgery or illness, or if you’re pregnant.
Covid 19 guidelines for in-person classes
Please read the Covid-19 guidelines updated 24 Oct 2020
When you attend my in-person classes. please follow these Covid-19 guidelines:
- If you experience symptoms of Covid-19 in the 14 days before any in-person class you book with me, or you have been in contact with someone who has experienced symptoms in those same 14 days, please cancel your class.
- If you experience symptoms within 14 days of attending my class please inform me immediately by email.
- Please don’t enter the building until every person from the previous class has left the building.
- Please queue outside the front door, with a 1-2m space between you and the person in front and behind you. Please continue to observe this distance at all times inside the building.
- If you’re using the NHS track n trace app, please use the QVR code if displayed.
- Please help yourself to the hand sanitiser gel supplied.
- Please wash your hands after using the bathroom.
- Please store your belongings away from other people’s belongings so they don’t touch.
- Please bring your own yoga mat (and props if you use them). To reduce the risk of Covid-19 infection, no equipment will be provided.
- Please place the top of your yoga mat so it touches the spot marked, which observes 1-2m distance between mats.
- Kitchen will not be in use. Please bring your own water if needed.
- Windows will be open before and during class to ventilate the space if the venue allows. However, as the weather gets colder, this will need to be reviewed. Please bring an extra layer in case you feel chilly, and bring a blanket for Savasana.
Thanks for your understanding.