My go-to breakfast smoothie recipe is so simple. The taste is sweet and savoury. And if you like chocolate this is a winning recipe for your tastebuds!
Its high in protein and good fat which I PROMISE YOU is how to sustain your energy. No-fat diets are insane. Eating protein and oils are fundamental if you want to feel satiated and have consistent energy levels.
Plus! One of the reasons for my good skin at age 44 is because I eat ALOT of oils – nuts, avocado, coconut oil are my staples. Add good oil to your smoothie it’s so nutritious.
So here’s my go-to breakfast smoothie recipe:
I’m not one for exact measurements so use your own taste-bud judgement.
- 1 or 2 tall glasses of filtered or bottled water depending on the consistency you prefer
- 1 scoop Nuzest vegan protein powder – this stuff is clean clean clean and the only one I recommend to-date. Very easy to digest. I eat it near-daily and is perfect for soups and porridge too.
- 1 medium size banana
- 2-4 handfuls of frozen berries of your choosing e.g. blueberry, raspberry, strawberry
- Couple handfuls of raw greens or you can steam them! e.g. spinach, kale
- 1 tsp organic coconut oil (good oils are a must for your health and makes the smoothie creamy)
- 1/4 avocado (makes it creamy, yummy and v good for you)
- 2 tsp Cacao or less if too strong for you. (AMAZING for a natural energy high and chocolate taste)
- 1 tsp Maca
- 1 tsp Lucuma
Scroll down to buy the products I personally use and highly recommend.
Whizz all the ingredients in a blender until it’s the consistency you prefer. Personally I like it super-smooth but you may like to chew it a little so whizz for less time.
- Use home-made nut milk filtered through a nut milk bag instead of water or 50/50 nut milk/water (nut milk recipe coming soon).
- Add 1/2 tsp Wheatgrass
- Add 1/4 tsp Spirulina
- Sprinkling of fresh herbs like mint, coriander, parsley
- Grated orange or lemon zest (unwaxed) – add the juice too!
Make this recipe and tell me what you think. What is your go-to smoothie recipe? Or if you’re a newbie ask me a smoothie question.
> BUY THE PRODUCTS I personally use and HIGHLY RECOMMEND:
I only recommend products I personally use and rate highly for improving your health and wellbeing. I receive a % of commission when you purchase products through the links above.